most know my obsession with American Apparel .. so i came across this ..
How to look like an American Apparel model:
- Work out. Not all the AA models are twigs. Some of them actually look female. The trick is that while they have actual curves, they are healthy as well. Yoga, Pilates, cardio...whatever. Preferably something that lengthens and tones without adding too much bulk to your body. And just say no to soda and meat. Believe me, it pays off. Somehow not having chemicals and hormones and pesticides pumped through your body on a daily basis can actually make you look and feel healthier.
- Carry yourself well. Posture is key.
- Get sleep. Seriously.
- Use minimal makeup. Like the clothing at AA, the cosmetics are simply there. No fuss, no frills, yet a statement nonetheless, in an ironic sort of way. That means no caking on the bronzer, eyeliner, foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, etc. At the most, you can lightly apply concealer and possible Bareminerals. Some SUBTLE liptint is alright also as long as there is no sparkle or shine. Beige eyeshadow is okay also. Just buy quality products so it will do the job.
- Messy long hair is quite an asset. Make it scrunchy, bed-heady.
- If you are biracial, work your individuality here! For instance, if you're Norwegian/Arabic, flaunt it! Biracial is simply beautiful. The uniqueness really sets off your beauty.
- But never fear. If you are not biracial, find some unique feature (a mole, large nose, thick eyebrows) and draw attention to it rather than hiding it. Because AA is not about synthetic beauty.
- Beyond the AA look, be more socially aware. Find a cause and work for it. That's the biggest component of beauty. Don't be a wuss and follow something just because it's trendy. Tap into your passion and then go for it.
lol im not sure how i feel about this? maybe because i found it on "Wikihow"