Monday, February 23, 2009

www.styleandthecity.com

As i was delving deeper into "Style and the City" I came across a post with the writing below and pictures to go along with it (i didn't add the pictures because the post would have been very long and the text was much more important) after reading I had to share .. because I think what Kamel Lahmadi (creator) is doing is really inspiring and i enjoy every page of the website. facebook page add/join the group if your interested ..

i know its a lot but .. ITS WORTH THE READ





"Ive never conceived Style and the City as umpteenth fashion media because I do not consider women as a marketing product to who you can sell everything and anything. Style and the City is first and foremost a spiritual adventure in which everyone can find small sources of happiness.
For me style is just the clothing personality, and this personality that makes who you are. One person happy, zen in his head will always be stylish because this is not the appearance that makes beautiful, but his generosity, his kindness, his happiness. The suit is only incidental.

What is beautiful in life is that whatever difficult times that we can cross, there are always angles around you to relieve your sorrows.
Before creating Style and the City, I had 3 kinds of angles in my life: my family, my friends, my love.

Since Style and the City, I made the acquaintance of new angels you who read me and the angles that stop in front of my camera, offering me their smiles and pass me their happiness.
Earlier this week, I was upset for 2 reasons: firstly, because I had just discovered a US website that had stolen 150 photos of mine and makes money with them (I will soon show you this site), and secondly because things were not as planned at the point of me to do the work of others, causing me stress moral and physical fatigue.

Like guardian angles, you supported me morally and encouraged to stand up. So I listened to my heart: visit the exhibition of Richard Avedon rather than run after another day of street style shooting.

Except that when you listen to your angels, God always reserve your nice surprises in the form of beautiful couples in love, beautiful style, pretty moms I met on thursday...I was so glad to show you these photographs.

And then patatra: thanks to the lovely McGallo, I discovered this Saturday that a skyblogeuse has stolen my trade mark Style and the City, its definition in google to create his blog "Style and the City", asking people to send her their photos.

I was shocked and upset that I've had not the joey any more to post photos of the next novel promises. But now I've learned: when people hurt you, find the angels around you, because there are! They are there, they are waiting for you. Ready to hug you,

Ready to kiss you.

You do not know but God (I'll end up believing that he exist) told them to put on your way.
Only when you meet these angels that you understand that something special, different is happening.

You feel a joy invading you, a happiness that takes you from the stomach to eyes, making them almost cry. You then understand that every misfortune is a new opportunity in fact to meet angels..

Yesterday I met angels. Lots of angels."

No comments:

Post a Comment